Website Privacy Notice
Please read this Policy carefully to fully understand how we collect, share and protect information about you. This Policy is incorporated into and is a part of the Terms and Conditions of Use of this website. To access the Terms and Conditions of Use click here.
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site, we collect certain information from users. Please do not provide any sensitive information or health information. If you should do so inadvertently, we will use and disclose that information in the same manner as any other information you provide to us.
Information We Collect
In operating our website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide directly to us by filling in forms on our Site (for example, to contact us, you must provide your name and e-mail address).
- Your username and password if you are enrolled in and authorized to access our “Residents Only” section of our Site.
- Any contact information in our resident Directory, personal information in your resident biography, and details of maintenance orders if you are enrolled and authorized to access the “Residents Only” section of our Site.
- Any information you share with other residents through our web-based resident communication option if you are enrolled and authorized to access this tool through the “Residents Only” section of the Site.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
A “cookie” is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, this cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. They help us and our affiliates to improve our Site. They ensure that the content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
All computers have the ability to decline cookies. This can be done by activating the setting on your browser which enables you to decline the cookies. Please note that should you choose to decline cookies, you may be unable to access particular parts of our Site.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you in the best possible manner. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information relating to our services;
- To provide third parties with statistical information about the users of our website;
- To monitor and conduct an analysis of our Site traffic and usage patterns;
- To analyze trends.
To ensure that your information is secure, we have put in place commercially suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect on our Site. However, the data we store is not encrypted, so please DO NOT provide us with any sensitive health, financial, or personal information. Any information you provide to us is entirely at your own risk and may be viewed by others.
Nonetheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically on our Site, and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any affiliated business entities or third parties necessary to provide products and services to you. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any), as well as third parties involved in the administration and operation of our products and services.
If you are enrolled in, and are authorized to access, the “Residents Only” section of our Site, we may disclose the information you have provided to us in that section to other residents who are authorized to access this section.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we sell any or all of our business and/or our assets to a third party.
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- When we are contractually obligated to disclose it.
Third Party Website and Interaction
By accessing other third party websites or applications through our Site, you are consenting to the terms and privacy policies of those websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Users Only of Legal Age of Majority
Our Site is designed and intended for those who have reached the age of majority (18 years of age). By using our Site, you affirm that you are at least 18 years of age or older. We are not liable for any damages that may result from a user’s misrepresentation of age.
No one under age 13 is authorized to submit any information, including personally identifying information, on our Site. Under no circumstances may anyone under age 13 use our Site. Parents or legal guardians of children under 13 cannot agree to these terms on their behalf.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you, please contact us using the contact details below.
If you believe any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, or have any complaints about our Site, please inform us as soon as possible at the address below.
Brookhaven at Lexington
James Freehling, CEO/President
1010 Waltham Street
Lexington, MA 02421